Evergreen Covenant Church is a part of the Evangelical Covenant Church. The Evangelical Covenant Church is a denomination of more than eight hundred churches in the United States and Canada. It was founded by Swedish immigrants in 1885 as a voluntary covenant of churches committed to working together to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Covenant churches emphasize the Bible’s witness to new life in Jesus Christ expressed in a day to day walk with the Lord.
We affirm the Centrality of the Word of God.
We affirm the Necessity of the New Birth.
We affirm a Commitment to the Whole Mission of the Church.
We affirm the Church as a fellowship of believers.
We affirm a Conscious Dependence on the Holy Spirit.
We affirm the Reality of Freedom in Christ.
God’s Love and God’s Word…
- Compels us to worship God
- Compels us to love the Church
- Compels us to love our Neighbors
- Compels us to love our Enemies
“Disciples of Jesus in faith, word and deed”
2 Corinthians 5:14: ” For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.”
- We will attempt to use an Annual Church Calendar to schedule all meetings and activities
- We will make agendas and proposals to be discussed or voted on available prior to congregational meetings
- We will stick to the approved agenda and topic at hand and pay polite attention with no side meetings.
- We will keep our statements brief and to the point
- We will present views which reflect biblically derived values
- We will assume good intentions on the part of the person speaking & speak in a respectful tone
- We will encourage questions and consider them to be valid
- We will respect and honor the office of pastor & lay leaders (boards & committees) and give them the benefit of the doubt, encouraging them to lead in the areas they’ve been elected.
- We will actively support the majority decision
- We will make sure that the coffee pot is full and hot!